Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Greatest Hits album still a go? New Album to follow soon after?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member deadliner's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 8th, 2005
    Posts
    306
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I just found this story, I don't know if its just a rehash from the stuff from last fall or not, it seems to be "new".

    Social Distortion Prepare New Material

    Punkmusic.com reports: Social Distortion are already back in the studio preparing to record their follow-up to 2004's "Sex, Love And Rock 'n' Roll". It is scheduled for release in late 2006 or early 2007 via TimeBomb Recordings and will be their first album with new bassist Brent Harding. He is the replacement of John Maurer, who has been a member of the band since their second album "Prison Bound," left before the release of their latest album and was replaced by Operation Ivy/Rancid's Matt Freeman.


    In last year's interview frontman Mike Ness:

    "Well, I can tell you it probably won't come out in 2006. I feel like we've got a great start on a new album, we'd like to do a new album soon but I doubt it will be that soon. I figure I will use my time off next year to do the writing and maybe start it toward the end of 2006 recording. It'll be soon but I don't know if it'll be quite that soon."

    He also promised that the new album will not have any delays.

    "No, it won't be eight years. We're really writing a lot right now and I think it's a great time to do another record."

    Also, Mike Ness recently stated that the band will release a greatest hits album later this year and include the unreleased track "Diamonds In The Rough," which will likely appear on the new album.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member deadliner's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 8th, 2005
    Posts
    306
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by mykbyk95:
    Its actually in the news section on the sxdx page back in october.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">Yes I know, I posted a link to the article where Mike talks about a Greatest Hits album back then. I was just wondering if this is any new info, is it confirmed that are they actually working in the studio, and is the GH album with Diamonds in the rough still planned?

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Glenn Cole's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 14th, 2003
    Posts
    784
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I hope it is going to be soon... They need to put out a "Greatest Hits" Record anyway since all legendary bands have one! There was a link a few weeks back with the artwork for it, but no confirmation yet... I love the song "Diamond in the Rough." I'm dying to hear "Stranded in Bakersfield" as well. I just like the new direction that the band is making in general. It's very rock and roll with lots of vocal harmonies and with the B-3 organ adds a whole new dimension!

  4. #4
    Inactive Member erik77's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 13th, 2006
    Posts
    118
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I couldn't care less about a greatest hits album, let them focus on new material instead of cashing in on old songs.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member social_d_fan01's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 8th, 2005
    Posts
    531
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    i think the greatest hits with a couple new songs is just to hold us over until they get the studio album finished, but still gotta buy it

  6. #6
    Inactive Member SocialFCKIND's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 10th, 2003
    Posts
    526
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think a Greatest Hits would be cool.or even another live album.or a dvd with all the videos and other stuff.or a solo album or a new SxDx album..you get the point..

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Alex101's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 8th, 2006
    Posts
    72
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by social_d_fan01:
    i think the greatest hits with a couple new songs is just to hold us over until they get the studio album finished, but still gotta buy it
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">Me too. I'm excited for the new album!

  8. #8
    Inactive Member radams's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 25th, 2004
    Posts
    263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    Am I the only person that thinks that Greatest Hits albums are for bands that are done, finished, creatively bankrupt. Social D is not finished, so there is no need for the GH album yet. Unless he goes Bob Dylan on us and starts making music that is fucking lame. Look at the history of music in the past 30 years and tell me how many other bands putt out GH albums when their still viable. I already can think of a couple but its still unusual.

  9. #9
    HB Forum Owner Beyerstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 15th, 2006
    Posts
    45
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yeah, i dont think they need a greatest hits.

    the songs from various albums sound so different it would be weird all thrown together on one cd.

    just use live at the roxy as a greatest hits

  10. #10
    Inactive Member shells.72's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 22nd, 2005
    Posts
    40
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    So this greatest hits album...are they going to be re-recorded? the johnny cash greatest hits album was just all his popular songs put together...im really hoping they redo all there older songs with the organ in them as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •